Tuesday, April 1, 2008

one year

I miss you, Ecuador. I have now been home for one year. The time has passed so quickly, yet I frequently have to look at my pictures to remind myself I was truly there! I love your people, your smells, your tastes, and your feeling of home. I hope to come visit again really soon. I feel so blessed to have been sent to such a beautiful, diverse country. The photos help remind me of you, but nothing measures up to being there. Que Dios le bendiga.
Con amor, Jaci.

9 comments:

Adri said...

I can't believe you've been home for ONLY a year...you've been one busy chickie! :) We all want to go back with you and Zach!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you and Zach will be able to go back together and have the same love for that place, I seriously can't wait to serve a mission one day.

KO said...

Wow... It seems like you've been home a lot longer. I guess a lot can happen in a year. Keep those precious memories alive!

Kade & Jess said...

I can't believe you have been home a whole year! Sometimes I feel like I was just at your farewell! We need to get together for lunch soon!

~Paige~ said...

Its been a whole year already, that is crazy. I bet you just miss it like crazy, pictures are the best way to go back in time and remember all the things you love.

Kjerstin said...

Hey Jaci! I found yours too. haha! Of course it's alright! I love checking blogs. Janalyn got me hooked. =]

Mike and Kim said...

Jaci I admire you so much for going on a mission. I hope to some day go with Mike. I miss you and hope all is well. We come home the end of May to visit. We need to get together.

Ashley said...

Awww! That was so sweet. It's funny how you never quite stop feeling homesick for your mission. I'm sure you were such an amazing missionary, Jaci. I wish I could have been your companion :)

Christy said...

Jaci, I regret to say that I didn't even know you went on a mission!! It really has been so long since we've been in touch and I think that is so neat of you to have gone. I bet the experiences you had will be lifelong memories and I envy that. So neat :)