Friday, August 22, 2008

new 'office'

We have been struggling to pick up internet for the whole year we have lived here (and too cheap to get some set up). Sometimes we can get it, sometimes not...but it's always a weak signal and cuts out frequently. My intelligent husband, however, realized the signal is coming from a house kiddy-corner behind us. So, where do we pick it up the internet with full bars? In the KITCHEN! Looks like this is where we will be doing our homework this year. Nice.

Thanks, neighbors! (Whoever you are)

8 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

That is too funny. Well, I'm happy that you now have internet to use, even though it is in the Kitchen. Also, your little camp out looks like it was a lot of fun. It really makes me miss the mountains, and all my family and friends!

Christy said...

Haha that is probably the awesomest thing I've heard all day... right in the kitchen! I love using other people's internet :)

Thurston Fam said...

hey girl! I was lookin' at Savannah's blog and I saw ya! this is Janel Fisher again! cute blog! email me your email address and I can invite you to mine. My email is: j8_f@hotmail.com! I love seeing all of my old friends!

Marce said...

you're so cute. i think i'll make my kitchen into an office just so i can be like you.

ClaysJenna said...

You crack me up! I have a friend who said he "Unrestricted Wi-Fi broadcasting is just invisible pollution. By catching some of the 'waves' and redirecting them back to the source (along with some minor content addition) I'm just doing my part to clean up cyberspace. I don't have to do it, I just feel like contributing something to the greater good. It's similar to buying a Prius, only cheaper." So now you can say you are helping the environment:) Go free internet!!

Fay said...

Nice desk Zach!

KO said...

Good luck with school this semester! I miss USU.

anne said...

That's nice you can get on someone else's internet. When we first moved to St. George we didn't have internet, but Jace had a laptop. He drove around our neighborhood for hours trying to pick up a signal. He finally found one right by the church and used it twice before it got blocked. Mean neighbors. :) Hopefully yours don't find out and block you out too.