Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tony Grove

Look at this beautiful place just up the canyon from our house! We love living in Logan for this reason - easy access to the GREAT outdoors! We spent one night at
Tony Grove

check out the photos...



making breakfast on the fire - bacon, eggs, hot chocolate, and biscuits


fishing in the lake....but we needed a canoe (too much moss we kept snaggin' on)


can you see a person in those rocks?



Since fishing wasn't a success, we took a "hike" (okay, a stroll) around the whole lake back to our campground.



I thought the chipmunks might enjoy our stale muffins...and they did! this one was too heavy to carry into their little home, so he just kept coming out for a nibble!
I had never noticed this cave in Logan Canyon so we stopped to take a look on our way home. Turns out it is a spring called Ricks Spring. The water was ice cold..but it was beautiful. If you are driving up the canyon, look to your left and you will see it. Stop by sometime...super pretty!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Can you believe I lived in Logan 5 school years and never once made it to Tony Grove. (Probably because I never lived there in the summer.) It looks gorgeous. what a fun getaway.

Aubrey said...

Wow! That IS beautiful! Looks like you guys had a fun camping trip!

Kami said...

Jace,
I can't believe you were just up there. So were we! We just drove up one night to take some pictures. But, we want to go back and camp...it was so beautiful! Maybe we should go together.

the Flammers said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun. I love the fact that you're taking advantage of the great outdoors so close to you. That's awesome!!

Adri said...

Looks like LOTS of fun...and so beautiful. You do live in an especially pretty part of the world!

Fay said...

Is this the little Jaci that whined all the way up to the Adams Canyon Falls so many years ago? I LOVE that Zach converted you to one of my favorite parts of life...hiking and enjoying the mountains. Yeah!

Elise said...

Jaci how are you! I have been such a slacker! I'm still in the CPD, but haven't seen you there, which is so sad. Do you have classes there again this semester?
I had forgotten how beautiful Tony's Grove is! Justin and I are going to have to go sometime. Those pictures were so beautiful! We've stopped a couple of times at that cave too! It's pretty cool, although it freezes your feet to death! I think it literally chills them to the bone. It's a fun spot to stop though!